Facing Divorce? See what steps you can take to protect what's yours.
Divorce Home » Divorce Laws in Your State » Arkansas

Arkansas Child Support Enforcement

Divorce courts order Arkansas child support when couples are filing for divorce to help protect the child's financial future and provide a standard of the living the child would have enjoyed if the family had stayed together.

Protect your relationship with your child during divorce.

When parents don't pay child support, the state uses penalties to help with child support enforcement. Many states face the problem of collecting unpaid child support, so to help, states have established child support enforcement agencies.

A parent that skips paying Arkansas child support may face:

  • Wage withholding, including military wages
  • Liens on real and personal property and financial accounts
  • Interception of Federal and State income tax refunds
  • Interception of unemployment, retirement and worker's compensation
  • Reporting past due child support to credit bureaus
  • Suspension of business, professional, regular and commercial driver's licenses and recreational licenses

Learn more about Arkansas child support enforcement and divorce laws by speaking with a local Arkansas divorce lawyer. Get help with collecting unpaid child support and protecting your child's financial future.

Connect with a divorce lawyer today by calling 877-349-1310 or filling out an Arkansas divorce case review form.

Case Evaluation

The above synopsis of Arkansas divorce laws is by no means all-inclusive and has been adapted from applicable state laws. These laws may have changed since our last update and there may be additional laws that apply in your situation. For the latest information on these divorce laws, please contact a local Arkansas divorce lawyer in your area.

Arkansas divorce law was last updated May 2009.

Note: Keep in mind that all divorce laws are complex. If you need legal divorce advice or want to fully understand how these laws affect you, please speak with a local divorce attorney.